Lifestyle Coach || Professional Organizer || Author
Professional Listener || Trainer || Motivational Speaker
Shawndra is, first and foremost, a fellow traveler. You can read more about Shawndra’s personal weight journey here. She is also a Lifestyle Coach and author intent on helping you access your power to achieve the success you dream about and create a life you love by focusing on what matters most; taming the clutter in your life; dumping the insanity in your schedule; and never giving up on yourself.
Shawndra opened Dhucks in 2005, initially focusing on helping others overcome the organizing challenges that chronically disorganized and individuals with ADHD face every day. As she worked with her clients, Shawndra realized that she was naturally coaching them to grow in other areas as well, including building healthier habits, changing careers, starting businesses, or just creating more joy in their lives. After graduating from Coach U’s Core Essential Program, she added lifestyle coaching as a service to her clients.
At the same time that Shawndra was building Dhucks she was intent on losing weight. She joined Weight Watchers® and found such great support and success she joined the staff to support others focused on losing weight. Shawndra led Hilo Weight Watchers meetings for six years but then had to walk her own talk about letting go of some responsibilities in order to reach for her dreams.
On her journey to becoming a coach, leader, author, trainer & organizer, Shawndra tackled jobs as varied as Bioterrorism Preparedness Planner for the Hawaii State Department of Health on the Big Island, trainer and coordinator for environmental and safety issues on Johnston Island, and spent a year at the South Pole station, Antarctica, focused on health and safety at temperatures ranging from a balmy -7 °F to a chilling -112 °F.
Shawndra lives in Hilo, Hawaii with her husband, Steve, their two dogs and two cats. Just a short stroll away is her sister, Anne. She enjoys her own personal writing mastermind group as Steve is a published author, check out his website, and Anne has numerous books on Amazon under Anne Avery, here’s her website. Even the dogs and cats have a page on Shawndra’s organizing website, Dhucks.com. Check them out…dogs and cats (the early years).
Shawndra has had a life-long interest in getting her dhucks in a row, whether it be staying organized, losing weight, creating balance between business and personal, or finding the joy in each day. It’s now time for her to put her journey to work for you.
Organizing Education and Training
Institute for Challenging Disorganization
- Certified Professional Organizer in Chronic Disorganization (CPO-CD®)
- Chronic Disorganization (CD) Specialist
- ADD Specialist
- Certificate of Study in Time Management and Productivity with the CD Client
- Certificate of Study in Life Transitions
- Certificate of Study in Learning Styles and Modalities
- Certificate of Study in Chronic Disorganization
- Certificate of Study in Basic ADD Issues
- Certificate of Study in Basic Hoarding Issues
- Certificate of Study in Client Administration
- Certificate of Study in Understanding the Needs of the Elderly CD Client
- Certificate of Study in Basic Mental Health Conditions and Challenges Affecting the CD Client
- Certificate of Study in Basic Physical Conditions and Challenges Affecting the CD Client